VP Asset Management
Houston, TX 77053 US
This position is responsible for managing the Company's portfolio of assets. This includes the Company's ERCOT based Wholesale Trading portfolio of2400 MW of operating assets. The portfolio includes managing a physical HRCO (heat rate call option), physical generation assets, managing gas positions, optimizing off-taker positions and real-time/ancillary transactions serving to accomplish the financial goals of the Company's. It also includes all aspects of asset management including regulatory and environmental compliance; budget reporting, variance management, budget development and P&L delivery. Responsibilities
- Manage overall portfolio, maintain portfolio positions, and deploy risk through power and fuel trading markets while adding new business dollars to the financial plan within portfolio commodity risk tolerances.
- Development and implement dispatch/ancillary services strategies that drive additional value to the portfolio.
- Collaborate with the O&M provider to ensure timely and accurate operating reporting, asset budgeting, financial reporting for the portfolio of assets.
- Ensure timely and compliant environmental and compliance reporting in cooperation with the O&M provider.
- Work closely with O&M and field services personnel to ensure effective and efficient plant maintenance, operations, and unplanned event response.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term forecasting tool that helps improves financial forecasts and delivers certainty around FCF.
- Support Day Ahead market activities and commercial decision making with the Energy Management Team. Provide assistance to Asset Operations and Real Time Trading and optimization of portfolio.
- Support project credit agreement enquiries related to commercial aspects of the portfolio.
- Lead all ERCOT and PUCT interactions in support of rulemaking, new business and advancement of legislative / regulatory relationships.
- Lead gas and offtake agreement negotiations related project financings
- P&L responsibility, including optimization of existing offtaker arrangement and all real time optimization, for delivering to EBITDA and FCF targets.
- Manage daily P&L reporting.
- Manage emissions credits requirements (e.g. HGB MECT).
- Work closely with plant operations, scheduling, middle office, and risk management.
- Working with back office on daily/weekly/monthly settlements with ISO, gas provider and other off taker arrangements
- Provide project support as an involved member of the region's business plan projects and departmental initiatives.
- Lead ERCOT regional discussions and provide insight as a subject matter expert, including direct development and support of annual Long-Term Financial planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of power generation and/or industry related experience
- Proven project management experience involving large multi-functional tasks and multiple counterparties
- Offtake contract management and real time commercial optimization of power generation assets
- Demonstrated technical, economic and commercial evaluation in supporting decision making
- P&L improvement experience in power generation portfolios
- Proven experience leading and managing multi-functional teams
- Recent experience in the commercial management of dispatchable power generation assets in ERCOT
Meet The Recruiter
Loryn De Leon
Hi, I am a Direct Hire Recruiter at Burnett Specialists I focus specifically on Accounting and Supply Chain roles. I started as a staff assistant and developed a passion for recruiting. I love helping people find the right jobs for them and making a difference in their lives.
Are you in need of a job? Reach out, I am happy to help!