Tier 1 Tech Support
Austin, TX 78731 US
Burnett is partnering with a North Austin corporate technology services company to staff top talent for their Tier 1 Tech Support roles. This is an impressive global company that operates both in the public and private sectors. These opportunities are perfect for recent tech grads trying to get more experience or call center reps with 1+ years!
Tier 1 Tech Support Key Objective:
The key objective of the Tier 1 Tech Support Agent is to respond to customer contacts (received by phone, email or incident management tool web interface) in a courteous, professional manner and to either resolve the incident or refer the client’s incident/request to the appropriate team in a timely manner.
Tier 1 Tech Support Main Duties:
- Receive and respond to client incoming telephone calls utilizing standard customer service skills.
- Monitor and respond to client incoming emails using standard email etiquette and/or predefined standard email responses.
- Undertake initial diagnostics of incident or received service request, use available tools (knowledge management, remote control & incident management applications) and resolve as many contacts as possible on first contact.
- Accurately record and classify all incoming incidents with the appropriate priority, category and incident summary details. Attach emails, attachments or any other communication provided by the client.
- Follow all Service Desk processes and work instructions regarding the handling of all customers and incidents.
- Proactively flag incidents where no knowledge solution is found.
- Meet or exceed the level of service defined for each client when responding to all incoming incidents.
- Escalate to other resolving teams in a timely manner when not able to resolve at the desk.
Tier 1 Tech Support Qualifications:
- 1+ years of Call Center experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Basic experience in Windows NT/2000/XP, MS Office, MS based applications.
- Basic IT technical support experience preferred, but not required.
- Flexible, well-motivated team player, ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness/ability to work shift work
Tier 1 Tech Support Compensation/Schedule/Location:
- The center is open 24/7. They have multiple days/shifts available and will discuss candidate needs in interviews.
- These roles are full time, long term contract with possibility of going perm at some point.
- Pay is $16-$17/hr to start, DOE.
- Roles are onsite and the office is located in North Austin (78753 zip).
Meet The Recruiter
19 years of professional recruiting and staffing experience.
Burnett, a Texas-based staffing and recruiting company, has been consistently ranked number 1 by the Austin Business Journal. Our extensive network of connections with hiring managers and candidates across all industries makes us an invaluable asset to your growth and success.