Tax Controversy Attorney
Houston, TX 77056 US
As an Associate Attorney, you will defend small and mid-size companies against the IRS and taxing authorities. This is a great opportunity to utilize your litigation background in a client focused environment as well as gain a specific, highly valued skill set.
• Evaluate evidence, develop realistic evaluations of cases and position our clients to prevail
• Develop, evaluate and implement defense strategies and represent clients in all IRS and state taxing audits and examinations
• Gather, review and analyze all required documentation and prepare primary responses to IRS requests
• Draft and prepare information for presentation to the IRS and State Taxing Authorities
• Serve as the main point of contact between clients and taxing authority and provide exceptional client service
• 2+ years litigation experience including 1st chair trial experience and/or significant deposition experience required.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
• Collaborative, self-motivated, competitive, and highly professional
• 15%-25% travel required
Meet The Recruiter
Senior Legal Recruiter
I began my career as a litigation paralegal and attended law school for one year. I realized that was not the career path I wanted to take, so I started working as a legal recruiter and have been loving it for the last twenty years!
I love working at Burnett Specialists and truly enjoy the relationships I have formed with my candidates, clients, and co-workers.