Houston, TX 77032 US
We are representing a great company that falls under the real estate industry to help them hire. Staff Accountant Duties:
- Assist with the monthly invoicing process.
- Process borrowers’ rehab draws via ACH.
- Create payoff statements for outstanding loans.
- Re-calculate amounts received for loans paid off and rectify variances.
- Maintain payoff tracker to help manage incoming payoff requests and follow-up on expired payoffs.
- Prepare journal entries in QuickBooks and prepare account reconciliations.
- Assist with collections, which includes sending payment reminders, contacting borrowers to resolve past due invoices, and processing borrower ACH payments.
- Activate new loans for servicing once they are closed and funded.
- Assist team with reviewing insurance policies on existing property loans.
- Support annual projects, such as preparing tax Forms 1098 and 1099, processing property tax payments for all properties in loan portfolio and assisting with year-end audits.
- Perform routine administrative duties, including answering phones, preparing FedEx shipments, and filing.
- Work with President, CFO, and loan officers to streamline processes as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in accounting or finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and professional.
- Ability and willingness to quickly and efficiently adapt in a rapidly changing, small company environment.
- Able to handle conflicting deadlines while meeting requirements and maintaining accuracy.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!