Austin, TX 78758 US
We are recruiting a Staff Accountant for an electronics manufacturing company.
The Staff Accountant will assist in day-to-day accounting activities, including owning Accounts Receivable and covering for Accounts Payable, actively collaborating for Month-end-close and other activities as needed.
- Ownership and hands-on of Accounts Receivable including but not limited to processing and submitting invoices to customers, monitoring of each account, phone, and email communications with customers.
- Invoicing, collection and posting of AR payments and its reconciliation at month end.
- Assist in performing general accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Collaborates in preparing monthly journal entries as necessary, related to the balance sheet, and profit and loss statement.
- Helps to maintain the general ledger and analyzes anything unusual or infrequent.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Assists with gathering of information for federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures (GAAP).
- Collaborate with other departments to facilitate payments, credit memos, etc.
- Backup to reviewing invoices for correct pricing for shipping, discounts, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by being flexible and willing to multitask.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least four years of related experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly highly proficient with Excel (Formulas, Pivots, etc.)
- Prefer hands-on NetSuite experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting (AR/AP/GL).
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to correctly prepare journal entries and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
Meet The Recruiter
Direct-Hire Recruiting Manager
Burnett Specialists is consistently ranked as the number one recruiting firm in Austin by the Austin Business Journal year after year!
I've helped thousands of talented candidates with experience ranging from entry-level to c-level over the course of my professional recruiting career. My mission is to establish long-lasting relationships between newly hired employees and their employers by matching exciting job opportunities with the right candidates!