El Paso, TX 79906 US
Performs duties involved in the shipping of materials. Assumes responsibility for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
Job Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Assure orders and shipping quantities match picking assuring accuracy
- Initiates, answers & documents tracer inquiries when requested via email and/or fax.
- Maintains shipping stations are in working order and stock with materials
- Coordinates shipment information to other offices and/or agents.
- Assemble packaging materials and packages merchandise per instructions, in preparation for shipment
- Assist in resolving any shipping discrepancies.
- Assists needs with shipping points, services, weights, and other information needed.
- Coordinate with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods
- Using a warehouse management system prepare accurate bills of lading for outbound freight.
- Arranges for movement of freight to consignee/agent & updates the system with information.
- Enter data pertaining to domestic and international shipments into the company’s ERP system and into the shipping systems of commercial freight carriers
- Monitor the supply of packaging materials and requisition additional supplies as required
- Confirm physical shipment of goods and facilitate tracking of packages
- Identify errors on packing lists & invoices and correct them
- Ensure that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
- Gather, enter into warehouse management system and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Complete necessary shipping reports as required.
- A minimum one year of previous experience is required for carry out the responsibilities of this position.
- Forklift experience.
Working hours are 7am to 3:30pm with overtime as needed.
Position could become full time with the company.