Senior Procurement Specialist
Houston, TX 77077 US
- Communication, support, and engagement across internal customers and external suppliers;
- Reinforce commodity strategic sourcing, category management, and supplier relationship management processes;
- Manage life-cycle of procurement activities, including issue resolution;
- Management of Request for Proposal development, bid analysis, scorecard, award, and contracting;
- Lead negotiations with suppliers based on market intelligence and data;
- Collaborate with Legal Department on contracts repository requirements and negotiation of agreement terms and conditions;
- Perform ongoing analysis on current and new suppliers, including supplier risks, financial viability, supplier development and innovation;
- Manage commodity contracts, Certificates of Insurance, Statements of Work, and agreement expiration dates;
- Train and drive customer compliance to sourcing and purchase order requisition process;
- Engage management of issues and communicate proposed actions;
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and market intelligence for commodity team;
- Management of Purchase Order’s through purchasing system, through approval cycle, and through to suppliers, and payment.
- Conduct supplier site visits and audits to ensure compliance to Company requirements;
- Partner with AP, and Accounting to resolve supplier payment and credit issues;
- Invoice holds resolution through supplier interaction, and systems investigations
- Continuous process review and improvements; value add/non-value add activities, and promoting best practices, and increased efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university plus 5-8 years related experience in Strategic Sourcing & Procurement; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Strategic Sourcing experience in IT is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write contracts, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills in Excel and PowerPoint are required.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!