Senior Manager Strategic Sourcing
Houston, TX 77077 US
- Lead and manage associates by providing oversight, direction, coaching and supervision.
- Develop and monitor employee performance goals and conduct regular feedback sessions.
- Develop sourcing strategies including optimization of supplier base, driving operational efficiencies.
- Develop lean processes that drive internal customer satisfaction while meeting overall corporate risk mitigation standards.
- Develop and implement bid calendar for all supplier categories.
- Partner with business units to develop individual departmental strategies.
- Work with payables to ensure timely payment of vendors and resolution of vendor issues.
- Actively support the company’s vision/strategies and demonstrate leadership and accountability.
- Add business value through strategy development, while capturing operational and cost efficiencies.
- Participate, understand, and act upon short/long term strategic and tactical objectives/plans.
- Proactive communications to internal customers and for customer satisfaction.
- Focus on supplier performance monitoring/reporting.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university
- 10+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing and supply chain
- 8+ years of people management experience
- Knowledge of general categories of operational spending
- Experienced in developing strategic sourcing strategies
- Experienced in implementing efficient cost measures
- Strong analytical skills
- Process improvement, Lean, or Kaizen experience is a plus
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!