Houston, TX 77055 US
Burnett is seeking a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. Candidates should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills.
- Involved in the month end close process with the preparation of recurring/ad-hoc journal entries, balance sheet adjustments, allocations, and reversals.
- Upload and consolidate financials, prepare supplemental reporting packages.
- Support subsidiaries on accounting matters including but not limited to month end close activities, developing SOX controls, and integration into parent Company.
- Reconcile and monitor cash, AR, and other transactional accounts.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors, and work with stakeholders to ensure timely fulfillment of auditors’ data requests.
- Organize and manage stakeholders for subrogation claims.
- Schedule details for various accrual accounts.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment.
- Other assignments/responsibilities as requested by management.
- 5+ years of Accounting experience.
- 2+ years in Senior Accountant title. (preferred)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
Meet The Recruiter
Loryn De Leon
Hi, I am a Direct Hire Recruiter at Burnett Specialists I focus specifically on Accounting and Supply Chain roles. I started as a staff assistant and developed a passion for recruiting. I love helping people find the right jobs for them and making a difference in their lives.
Are you in need of a job? Reach out, I am happy to help!