La Porte, TX 77571 US
As a Safety Coordinator (Hours of Service), you will play a critical role in ensuring the safe and compliant operation of our organization's fleet and workforce. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee and enforce Hours of Service (HOS) regulations to promote driver safety, prevent fatigue-related incidents, and maintain adherence to legal requirements. You will collaborate closely with the operations team, drivers, and management to create a culture of safety, continuous improvement, and regulatory compliance.
- Hours of Service Compliance: Monitor, track, and enforce Hours of Service regulations (e.g., FMCSA, DOT) for drivers and employees to ensure compliance with established limits on driving hours, rest periods, and mandatory breaks.
- Driver Education and Training: Conduct regular training sessions and workshops to educate drivers and relevant personnel about HOS regulations, best practices for managing fatigue, and the importance of adherence to safety protocols.
- Recordkeeping and Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of driver logs, electronic logging device (ELD) data, and any exceptions to HOS rules. Ensure all documentation is organized and readily available for audits and regulatory inspections.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Utilize software tools or manual methods to monitor and analyze drivers' hours to identify potential violations, patterns of non-compliance, or fatigue-related issues. Provide timely reports and recommendations to management for corrective actions.
- Policy Development: Collaborate with the safety team and management to develop, update, and implement HOS policies and procedures that align with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Incident Investigation: Assist in investigating accidents, incidents, or near misses involving driver fatigue or HOS violations. Work with relevant parties to determine root causes and implement preventative measures.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify areas of improvement in the HOS compliance process, data management, and safety protocols. Propose and implement initiatives to enhance safety performance and reduce risks associated with driver fatigue.
- Communication and Support: Serve as a resource for drivers, providing guidance and support related to HOS regulations, safe driving practices, and any questions or concerns they may have.
- Industry Updates and Compliance: Stay informed about any changes or updates to HOS regulations, industry standards, and safety best practices. Ensure the organization remains current and compliant with all applicable rules and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., transportation, logistics, occupational health, and safety) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in fleet safety management, preferably with a focus on Hours-of-Service compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of FMCSA, DOT, or relevant regulatory bodies' HOS rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with electronic logging devices (ELDs) and transportation management software systems.
- Strong analytical skills to review data, detect patterns, and identify trends related to driver performance and safety compliance.
Meet The Recruiter
Operations Manager & Staffing Specialist
I have matched thousands of talented candidates with top companies for over 30 years!
I currently serve as the Operations Manager for the Southeast Houston Division of Burnett Specialists and am proud to be a part of such an established, well-respected company. I am also the proud mother of 3 and grandmother of 2!