Dallas, TX 75201 US
- Property Accounting – review, correct and approve all month end property financials. Verify reconciliations with a heavy emphasis on the Balance Sheet. Provide updates to controller on status of the financials (any risks or opportunities). Provide an independent cash analysis for each property on a quarterly basis to the controller.
- Work with property accountants and the asset management team to identify areas of concerns (variances to the budget) ensure all entries are completed on a timely basis. Verify and approve the methodology of allocations such as payroll and other operating expenses. Complete all monthly bank transfers for each property.
- Replacement Reserve Draws – every quarter file a replacement reserve draw with the respective lender of each property to recover funds incurred on replacement items.
- Audits – work with auditors and property accountants to provide information and supporting documentation to the Audit team in a timely manner.
- Help setup new bank accounts for new and existing investments. Provide bank account information to property accountants and ensure they have access to bank statements for reconciliation purposes.
- Loan covenants – ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the fund accounting which includes posting revenue, booking expenses, accruals, etc., bank reconciliations and quarterly financial statement consolidation.
- Miscellaneous – ad hoc reporting, assist with any property insurance claims that may arise and provide support in other areas of accounting as needed.
Key Traits & Skills:
- Time Management – Needs to be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Construction / Development / Real Estate experience – must have background in any/all of these, preferably real estate/property accounting. QuickBooks, Yardi and Excel experience preferred.
- Confident – Needs to be willing to take positions first and defend them (for example: proposing allocation methodologies, accounting treatments, etc.)
- Detail oriented – willing & able to self-check work before transmitting either internally or externally.
- Education – strongly prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Pay: $80,000 - $115,000 with a 10%-30% discretionary bonus
Meet The Recruiter
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
Regan graduated from Texas Tech University in 2003 with her Bachelor’s in Marketing. She then went to graduate school at St. Thomas University, where she received her MBA. She started working for Burnett in June 2005 in Houston.
Regan was a Senior Account Executive for five years. In this role, she was the liaison between the client and each specialty division to ensure the highest quality customer service and proven results. In 2010, Regan moved into a direct-hire recruiter role. She has been successful in filling all different types of positions for clients across several industries. In 2013, her husband’s job transferred them to Dallas, and she is now a Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter for Choice Specialists in Dallas, Texas. She enjoys what she does and is passionate about helping candidates and companies grow!