Property Accountant / Senior Property Accountant
Houston, TX 77057 US
- Monitors, reviews and verifies accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, agency rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reviews and analyzes ledgers for accuracy prior to distribution.
- Clarifies or researches issues as necessary.
- Provides input for the development of accounting applications, reports, forms, records and documented procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Checks figures and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper coding of invoices.
- Review and process accounts payable batch using AVID Pay and/or manual checks.
- Receives and post receivables to tenant ledgers in YARDI. Monitor receivables and collections of past-due accounts.
- Monitor all banking activities in order to detect irregularities.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports regarding all cash deposits to the bank(s). Research and follow through all unreconciled items.
- Maintains accounts, ledgers, journals, files, reports and other documentation for property and company accounts.
- Produces schedules, summary reports, trial balances, income statements, and/or financial statements as requested in accordance with accounting methods and deadlines.
- Assembles information for tax packages.
- Ad hoc reporting and accounting projects as necessary.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Experience: 2 Years
- Field-of-Expertise: Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and commercial real estate.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!