Stafford, TX 77477 US
Project Coordinator - Stafford, TX 77477
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, Project Support (PS), and as a part of the Company’s Project Management Office (PMO); the Project Coordinator (PC) provides support to the Company’s various Business Units (BUs) on a variety of valve, automation, and controls projects across multiple industries. The successful person in this role will monitor, coordinate, and control the project from start to finish. The PC will partner with the Project Managers (PM) to identify or define the project’s aims and objectives upon which they will create a financial schedule and ensure that the project runs accordingly. The PC will also deal closely with financial budgeting to ensure all processes run smoothly during a project.
- Prepare, coordinate, and maintain the Project Plan with direction from PMs.
- Lead development of the baseline schedule (internal and Customer-facing) with direction from PMs.
- Update schedule and develop reliable forecast with support from Integrated Project Team (IPT) and with direction from PMs.
- Monitor, identify, and inform PM and IPT of potential project Cost overruns or Schedule delays and provide serious deviations warnings hindering project results.
- Schedule engineering drawings and release orders to Manufacturing to ensure successful purchase and build of hardware within schedule and budget.
- Understand manufacturing rates and trends to guide PMs on product delivery and shipment.
- Create, coordinate approval, and document Change Orders.
- Organize, plan, track, and publish status on schedule and costs, project expenditure for billable efficiency, IPT utilization, order milestones, product lead times, etc. with direction from PMs.
- Implement and ensure consistent communication and processes across PMs and BUs with a focus on equipment delivery, specification, order, manufacture, release, ship, and receipt.
- Prepare and deliver to the PMs concise budget and schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects.
- Participate in project meetings and follow-up on Action Item Log with direction from PMs; for e.g., hand-offs, kick-offs, status updates, lessons learned, etc.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and report quality tests, quality assurance, and factory acceptance tests.
- Review and approve timesheets.
- Coordinate payments to vendors and subcontractors.
- Process expense reimbursement.
- Complete invoicing on projects per the purchase order requirements for all projects.
- Analyze as-sold project to ensure accurate revenue and cost recognition with direction from PMs.
- Balance and close-out projects with direction from PMs.
- Ensure up-to-date and detailed project documentation.
- Identify and recommend to the Supervisor, PS opportunities tied to internal standards, processes, procedures, templates, and tools for the efficient, quality delivery of projects; as needed, support the execution of such opportunities.
- Perform other duties assigned by Supervisor, PS.
- Associate degree with 3 years of direct project coordination experience required; Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field of study preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera P6; PMI SP or CAPM certification will be advantageous.
- Proficient in use of common software such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to create and review Baseline Schedules for conformance with contractual requirements and overall best scheduling practices.
- Strong ability to collaborate and network with other groups and functions to reach business objectives, in support of Customer / Partner requirements.
- Strong policy, procedure, and compliance mindset, coupled with proactive internal and external Customer focus.
- Ability to keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and changes.
- Advanced ability to evaluate project progress and facilitate interventions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Strong ability to use independent judgment.
- Strong sense of professionalism.
Meet The Recruiter
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
Once I started my recruiting career, I knew I would never turn back. I treat my candidates and clients with the same respect, transparency, and compassion that I give to my loved ones. It can be easy to find a job but challenging to find the right fit, so my focus is listening to the wants and needs of those I work with to identify an excellent match for both parties.