Process Engineer – Beaumont, TX.
Exton, PA 19341 US
Process Engineer – Beaumont, TX.
The job position is a process engineer for the a 160MM lbs per year Facility. The position provides daily support and input to monitor, measure, optimization and improve the production process.
· Participate in site safety programs,Golden rules and audits.
· Lead the facility in Maestro compliance through design, monitoring, and good engineering practices.
· Daily Monitoring- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental permits, ensure reliable operation and on-spec product, search for
· problems that could prevent the ability to maintain capacity, and review production results and operator logs daily
· Troubleshooting- Identifying and correcting potential problems
· Engineering calculations- Calculate pressure drops, size piping for small projects, perform heat/material balances, size/rate heat
· exchangers, calculate fluid properties, determine system volumes/residence times
· Update spreadsheet for material balances and provide recommendations to correct mass/volume balance discrepancies.
· Make recommendations to Operations on: following safe work practices while maintaining quality, complying with environmental permits,
· ensuring reliable operation, making on-spec product, maintaining capacity, and increasing profitability.
· Support turnaround/maintenance activities such as: Chemical cleaning supervision, vessel inspection, shutdown/startup coverage,
· including revision/development of operating procedures, sample procurement, and recommendations for maintenance (exchanger
· cleaning, screen cleaning, etc.)
· Cover Manger - Operations absences
· Provide operations training for supervisors, technicians, and newly hired employees in conjunction with Training Coordinator.
· Support environmental department with emissions calculations and permit renewal
· Supply data to customers
· Assist groups with capital project design and installation
· Maintain working material balances for facility
· Understand, support, and comply, with all plant safety policies and procedures, including the use of loss control software
· Act as site MOC Administrator, initiate MOCs, and lead/participate in Process Hazards Analysis, PSSR, HAZOP, LOPA
· Track PHA/LOPA findings
CONTENT & ENVIRONMENT
· Majority of job functions are performed in an office environment.
· Many startup and support functions are conducted in the manufacturing environment with chemical, physical and electrical hazards.
· Work may be performed in manufacturing areas with adequate ventilation and lighting.
· Work may require use of protective clothing and equipment.
· Work may be performed around hazardous substances.
· Scheduled hours may vary in shifts and length.
· Noise level in the work environment is moderate and below OSHA threshold levels.
· Subject to outdoor weather conditions.
· Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering
· 5+ years chemical engineering experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
· Chemical Engineering knowledge: heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid operations, heat/material balances, chemistry, physics
· Computer knowledge: use of spreadsheets (i.e. Excel), DCS control data historians (i.e. PI Process book), and be able to understand new
· systems as they come (i.e. SAP)
· Basic chemical engineering fundamentals
· Good problem solving skills
· Good physical fitness required for access on/into towers, vessels, and other equipment
· Minimal travel requirements
· Work nights during turnarounds or other special circumstances where 24-hour technical coverage is needed.
· Interpersonal and communication skills required for interaction with every group in the facility at one time or another and with vendors.
Meet The Recruiter
Christa Cantele, CPC
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
Christa has over 20 + years in the staffing & talent search industry, locally and nationally. She possesses advanced skills in researching, sourcing, qualifying, and recruiting high-demand candidates.
Her experience in the full-cycle search process entails partnering with senior corporate leaders that build sound strategies for solving key hiring challenges.