Mansfield, MA 02048 US
The Pricing Director will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, Sales, Customer Service, Engineering and Finance to create, implement, and manage pricing processes, tools, and systems that align with the business strategy and sales growth plans. This position will drive the centralization of pricing, to establish a common quoting and price maintenance processes. They will be a business partner responsible for monitoring pricing performance, establishing processes for efficient and informed decision making, and coordinating timely analysis.
- Pricing excellence
- Define, and create pricing tools and practices within the organization in close coordination with Engineering, Sales and Finance.
- Maintain cost models ensuring they include our latest material, manufacturing and logistics costs to ensure proper baseline comparisons for newly quoted opportunities and proper margins are delivered on new and existing business.
- Drive the establishment of a pricing infrastructure including process, systems, and tools and coordinate the efforts across all teams.
- Data analysis
- Oversee and coordinate the analysis of pricing information through internal and external sources to identify opportunities and measure progress.
- Provide pricing expertise and interpretations of key pricing measures and tools; make suggestions for improvements in support of plans. Communicate and interpret the results of pricing analyses to the commercial organization in a form that is used to drive improvements.
- Support finance and project management with reviewing product margins/costs and understanding variances to allow for actions to improve profitability.
- Training, collaboration and leadership
- Collaborate closely with Customer Service and Sales Managers to translate marketing/pricing strategies into tactical pricing and price lists.
- Manage and create educational and training tools to cascade pricing know-how throughout the organization; deliver content through face-to-face meetings, presentations, video conferences, on-line courses, etc.
- Provide thought-leadership on the Pricing Capabilities internal go-to-market approach and maintain the ERP and other materials and insights regarding pricing.
- Assess, manage, and develop the estimating staff to drive continuous improvement, organization change and to create uniformity within the team. Prior experience with direct management of associates in an evolving structure will be key to a successful outcome.
- Perform all duties inherent to the position including hiring, termination, evaluation, development of direct reports and succession management.
- SQF/ISO requirements compliance
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics or a related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- Prior experience with B2B pricing. Manufacturing or industrial experience a plus.
- Previous Product Line Management experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of strategy beyond pricing mechanics.
- Complete understanding of the Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access). Advanced skills in Excel (Pivot tables, Lookup functions, Macros, etc.) preferred.
- 5+ years of analytical/strategy/pricing work experience, with a minimum of 2 years managing a team.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!