Power Back Office Analyst
Houston, TX 77002 US
- Conduct reconciliations and invoicing in the daily and monthly power reconciliation process, offering assistance to internal groups in financial workflows.
- Generate essential reports and statements supporting physical power activities in markets such as ERCOT, CAISO, and PJM. Manage REC confirmations and settlement processes, closely coordinating with the power trading desk, Middle Office, and Energy Data Management. Oversee a portfolio of trading counterparts, ensuring accurate deal-sheet validation within our in-house trading system, "the BOOK."
- Verify and confirm deals with counterparts and brokers on a daily basis to maintain accurate trading information within the BOOK.
- Monitor and verify exchange-traded positions and limits, reconciling the company's open trade equity with daily statements from clearing houses.
- Report financial OTC trades to Dodd-Frank reporting regulators within 24 hours of execution. Reconcile counterpart/pipeline invoices against the system in collaboration with Operations and Middle Office departments, resolving discrepancies.
- Coordinate with counterparts on settlements, providing timely payment instructions and cash forecast information to the Treasury team, and supporting the Accounting team with aged debt reporting and resolution, as well as analyzing accruals.
- Responsible for pulling and analyzing settlement statements within the Simba SMS system. Validate and distribute all confirmations produced by the BOOK Confirmation Module, recording them against the BOOK, and diligently following up on outstanding confirmations. Actively participate in team and individual projects delegated by the Back Office Manager or Supervisor.
- Provide mentorship and support to junior team members, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
- Run management reports and conduct ad-hoc analysis. Purpose as a Back Office Analyst:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of confirmations, invoicing, and payments for all transactions in accordance with their legal agreements.
- Conduct daily checks on open positions and deal transactions involving brokers, exchanges, and clearers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying errors in the trade verification process. Exhibit effective communication skills with various internal and external parties.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, or Energy required
- 2-3 years of experience in Gas and Power markets with a strong focus on data analysis required
- Profound understanding of the North American power industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operational and modeling skills, utilizing tools such as Alteryx, Python, and Power BI.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities, particularly within energy markets and broader economic fields.
- Effective communicator, adept at collaborating within teams, across departments, and with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to meet industry and contractual deadlines to fulfill company obligations.