Houston, TX 77001 US
Responsible for maintaining and processing activities related to all payroll taxes, union dues and involuntary deductions, such as, levies and garnishments, and updating procedures as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for payroll preparation and processing. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure accuracy of payroll earnings, deductions, and tax withholding.
- Prepare off-cycle checks on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain employee payroll data.
- Collaborate with HR and Benefits processors to ensure accuracy of payroll and reporting.
- Distribute live checks and mail.
- Assist with special projects to support assigned area.
- Prepare schedules to collect payroll expenses from various sources and reconcile collections to expenses.
- Maintain, process, and audit payroll for weekly, bi-weekly, and semi-monthly payroll.
- Assist with special projects to support payroll area.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field from an accredited university preferred. High school diploma required.
- Two or more years of payroll experience preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Workday payroll processing experience preferred.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and customer service oriented.
- Ability to set priorities and follows through.
- Ability to identify problems and dig to understand the issues and provide alternatives which will lead to improved results and resolve the problem.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines timely and accurately.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
Meet The Recruiter
I am an HR graduate from Texas A&M University! I am passionate about recruiting and helping candidates find their perfect roles. I am currently a Direct Hire Recruiter with Burnett Specialists focusing on accounting, finance, and supply chain. Let me help you find your next career!
Burnett, a Texas-based staffing and recruiting company, has been consistently ranked number 1 by the Houston Business Journal. Our extensive network of connections with hiring managers and candidates across all industries makes us an invaluable asset to your growth and success.