Houston, TX 77030 US
The Network Manager position responsibilities include managing the daily work activities of the work unit/department staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency while assisting management in accomplishing strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position provides guidance to staff and is responsible for staffing, budget compliance, contributing to staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment. This position also implements training, monitoring and operations initiatives that secure compliance with ethical and legal business practices and accreditation/regulatory/ government regulations.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field required or additional four years of experience (in addition to the minimum experience requirements listed below) in lieu of degree
- Eight years of Information Technology experience to include five years of network, telecommunications or unified communications (UC) experience and three years of progressively responsible staff experience
- Experience leading network, voice, and/or security initiatives for a medium to large organization preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Professional certification in IT, security, network, or voice/systems administration preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate through a variety of channels with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles; engages the recipient(s) and helps them understand and retain the message
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction initiative and effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities, comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the workplace
- Broad knowledge and verifiable experience with communications systems such as Cisco Networking, Cisco Call Manager, Cloud/SaaS technologies, Palo Alto, Nortel, etc.
- Extensive understanding of voice and/or data networking design and network protocols.
- Ability to create and manage a cohesive highly skilled technical team in the effect support of corporate system goals
- Proven project management skills
Meet The Recruiter
IT & Engineering Recruiting Manager
Recruiting IT and Engineering professionals has been my focus for over 30 years.
My placement success resulted in the HAAPC ranking me as Houston's No. 1 Professional / Technical Blended Services Consultant for 12 straight years. That record includes both direct hire placements and contract staffing. I sincerely enjoy helping people find a career path they love while providing companies with successful employees at the same time.
I am truly blessed to be in a profession that impacts companies and people’s lives on a daily basis. In my role as the IT / Engineering Division Manager at Burnett Specialists, I work hard to promote my job candidates and support my clients, as well as heading up a team of experienced recruiting professionals. We will all work together to further your success.
Please let me know how I can assist you. Specialties: Information Technology and Engineering Placement, Closing Techniques, Hiring, Consulting, Networking, Project Management, Interviewing, Salary Negotiating, Human Resource Laws and Concepts.