El Paso, TX 79902 US
Duties and Responsibilities of the Medical Biller:
- Prepares and submits clean claims to payers either electronically or by paper.
- Maintains relationship with clearinghouse, including appropriate follow-up with support issues.
- Knowledgeable in the process of patient eligibility through various third-party sources.
- Inputs correct billing information and transmits electronically to clearing house.
- File appeals, explore any claims unpaid, and manage accounts receivables
- Reviews remittance advice notice to determine any adjustments made on claims submitted are correct and consults with the payor as necessary to ensure proper payment.
- Handles patient inquiries and answers questions from clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing problems and denial and insurance follow-up management.
- Issues adjusted, corrected, and/or rebilled claims to third party payers.
- Posts adjustments, transfer of responsibility and refunds, as necessary.
- Assure coding is compliant and up to date.
Required Skills and Abilities for the Medical Biller:
- Knowledge of medical billing / collection practices required
- Works well in environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Capable of making timely, independent decisions
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time in an efficient and timely manner is important in this position.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in a medical office setting.
Position is set to run for up to 6 weeks.
$15/hr. to $17/hr. depending on experience.
Meet The Recruiter
Sr. Staffing Manager & Recruitment Specialist
What I love the most about my job is making a difference in job seekers' lives for the better every day!
I bring over 12 years of experience in Professional Recruiting & Staffing and I'd love to be a part of your career journey today.