Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift
Houston, TX 77042 US
Location: SW Houston located near the Beltway and Richmond
Length: Direct Hire opportunity
Schedule: 2nd shift schedule working Monday through Friday from 3:30pm – midnight, with the potential of overtime/weekend work as needed
Pay Rate: OPEN, depending on experience and recent pay history
Summary of Position:
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
Essential Functions and Duties:
· Positions, aligns, and adjusts parts for proper fit and assembly.
· Assembles parts or units, and position, align and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
· Connects cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications.
· Measures parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and venires.
· Reads blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembles sequences of electromechanical units.
· Disassembles units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping.
· Files, laps, and buff parts and subassemblies using grease paddles or oilcans.
· Drills, taps, reams, countersinks, and spot-faces bolt holes in parts, using drill press or portable power drills.
· Follows and provides feedback on assembly instructions and/or blueprints to install items such as; hardware, wiring harnesses, panels, components, sub-assemblies, etc.
· Attaches name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
· Operates small cranes to transport or position large parts.
Non-Essential Functions and Duties:
· May lead a group of mechanical assemblers by assigning daily work tasks
· Follows all safety and health guidelines/rules for the machine shop
· Keeps work area clean by sweeping, wiping down machines, etc.
· Follows the 5s procedures for department
· Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to sure the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have an associate degree or technical certificate
· Must have 2-4 years experience as an assembler
· Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Must be able to verbally communicate
· Must be able to observer and hear warning signs and signals within all areas of the company.
Meet The Recruiter
Operations Manager & Staffing Specialist
21 years of Staffing & Recruiting Experience
What I love most about my job is being able to help others each and every day!
Favorite Quote: "The future depends on what you do today."
Hometown: Houston, TX