Houston , TX 77046 US
This exciting opportunity is for a specialty litigation firm with an emphasis on complex and sophisticated personal injury law!
100% in office! 8:30a-5p, M-F
Compensation Range $75K-$82K
May need to work longer hours at times, and when prepping for trial!
Position is a mixture of solid legal secretarial background, being able to figure out solutions and heavy paralegal.
Must have experience with:
- Drafting petitions and other pleadings
- Answering and propounding discovery
- Gathering medical (they use a service)
- Dealing with clients, referral sources and experts/physicians
- Prepping mediation packets
- A great personality and someone who is efficient and effective
- Someone who loves to collaborate and not afraid to give input
- Be polished and have excellent communication skills
- Great typing skills - 70wpm+
- Assist in the preparation of trials
- Must have experience with State and Federal eFiling
- Won't have to attend trial, but may have to attend federal hearings
- Position will see extensive use of Filevine as their legal case and contract mgmt software. (Will train on this)