Legal Medical Records Clerk
Houston, TX 77055 US
This firm has amazing benefits and an outstanding work culture.
This is an in office position.
- Licensed or certified healthcare provider (RN, LPN, or CNA)
- Work Experience in a nursing home or skilled nursing facility
- Experience with auditing medical records/charts
- Familiarity with Minimum Data Set (MDS) billing, highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Review nursing home medical records to identify missing records
- Organize records per specifications
- Identify standard of care failures from nursing home and hospital records:
- Documentation failures
- Other failures as directed by attorneys
- Track specific medical issues before and after nursing home residency
- Prepare timelines
- Review and summarize personnel files produced
- Review and summarize state survey findings
- Interview clients related to specific medical issues
- Handle attorney assignments for depositions, mediation, and/or arbitration/trial
- OCR records in Adobe Acrobat, as needed
Meet The Recruiter
Patti Villarreal, PHR, SHRM-CP
Direct-Hire Recruiter & Staffing Specialist
23 years of Staffing & Recruiting Experience - "What I love most about my job is the ability to truly make a difference in someone's life!"
Favorite Quote: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Hometown: Houston, TX