Legal Billing Specialist
Dallas, TX 75201 US
The Billing Specialist assists attorneys with the preparation of bills for clients, ensuring that the client bills are processed timely and in accordance with the client agreement. The Billing Specialist answers billing questions and researches billing related issues, prepares and distributes billing proformas, invoices, and billing related reports. The Billing Specialist acts as the billing advisor to attorneys and the legal secretaries, ensuring that all transactions are recorded according to accounting standards. The Billing Specialist regularly collaborates with other accounting departments, including ebilling, Accounts Receivable, Cash Applications, Cost Recovery, Pricing, Client Arrangements, Accounts Payable and Revenue Management, to help minimize any financial exposure to the Firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily billing activities to support partners, attorneys, and clients.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to Proforma generation and edits, creating timecard summaries, updating matter and Timekeeper rates, and running client reports at the request of the partners and attorneys.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices on a monthly basis. Follow up with Billing partners and others in order to resolve client billing issues and ensure invoices are approved and billed.
- Understands and ensures correct implementation of client Outside Counsel Guidelines and fee terms.
- Ensures electronic invoices are processed accurately and efficiently. Timely resolves any rejections or reductions of electronic invoices.
- Demonstrates professional and developed communication skills. Ability to deal professionally and courteously with partners, attorneys, legal secretaries, accounting staff, vendors and clients of the Firm while observing confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
- Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of two years of related experience
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of general accounting principles as they apply to Billings and A/R
- Excellent math aptitude
- Previous law firm experience
- Implementation of, or exposure to various client billing agreements
- Experience with electronic billing and electronic billing vendors
- Experience with 3E and ebilling Hub
Meet The Recruiter
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
Regan graduated from Texas Tech University in 2003 with her Bachelor’s in Marketing. She then went to graduate school at St. Thomas University, where she received her MBA. She started working for Burnett in June 2005 in Houston.
Regan was a Senior Account Executive for five years. In this role, she was the liaison between the client and each specialty division to ensure the highest quality customer service and proven results. In 2010, Regan moved into a direct-hire recruiter role. She has been successful in filling all different types of positions for clients across several industries. In 2013, her husband’s job transferred them to Dallas, and she is now a Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter for Choice Specialists in Dallas, Texas. She enjoys what she does and is passionate about helping candidates and companies grow!