Lead Sourcing Specialist
Houston , TX 77002 US
- Develops comprehensive category strategies that align with stakeholder goals and strategies by utilizing market intelligence, demand management, sustainability, supplier diversity and total cost of ownership.
- Identifies and elevates areas of highest risk within the category and leads multi-functional teams to develop actionable risk mitigation strategies.
- Identify, successfully get support from the appropriate stakeholders, and delivers cost savings projects to meet organizational savings targets.
- Develop and provide spend analytics, market research and cost modeling for internal purposes and to business unit client in support of category strategies
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Leverage industry knowledge and technology to establish should cost models, identify opportunities for spend leverage and drive supplier negotiations
- Actively monitor industry trends and best practices related to category assignments and incorporate them into category and execution plans and present to business unit clients as appropriate.
- Research and develop a working knowledge of the assigned commodities/services or areas of responsibilities, including how the commodities/services are made, rendered, specification requirements, and how the commodities/services are used by the Company.
- Work with business unit to formulate and define the scope and objective of purchases to fully understand entire purchase/service requirement and to assess risks.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Communications or other related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required in strategic sourcing
- Experience in category management, contract negotiation, sourcing, and procurement
- Strong analytical mindset that translates to operational strategies.
- Has experience with driving value through understanding market dynamics along with a working knowledge of category management principles.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with mentoring
- Experience with SAP and strong Excel skills.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!