Lead IT Sourcing Specialist
Houston , TX 77002 US
- Lead, develop, implement, and maintain proactive sourcing strategies and plans to support the Strategic Sourcing process for assigned commodities/services in alignment with the business unit client
- Execute strategic sourcing events to support technology subcategory strategy goals, ensuring appropriate engagement of staff, stakeholders, business units and impacted individuals.
- Lead, develop and provide spend analytics, market research and cost modeling for internal purposes and to business unit client in support of category strategies
- Leverage industry knowledge and technology to establish should cost models, identify opportunities for spend leverage and drive supplier negotiations
- Actively monitor industry trends and best practices related to category assignments and incorporate them into category and execution plans and present to business unit clients as appropriate.
- Research and develop a working knowledge of the assigned commodities/services or areas of responsibilities, including how the commodities/services are made, rendered, specification requirements, and how the commodities/services are used by the Company.
- Ensure end user requirements are satisfied, develop change management activities, promote end user adoption, provide training and monitor end user satisfaction and needs.
- Ensure quality of sure, stable supply of materials/services, monitor the timeliness of the deliveries/performance, and identify patterns. Determine viable mitigation measures where needed.
- Work with stakeholders to formulate and define the scope and objective of purchases to fully understand entire purchase/service requirement and to assess risks.
- Provide expertise to ensure that Service Level Agreements meet the needs of the end-user client area.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to lower the total cost of goods and services to enhance total enterprise cost of ownership; provide supply planning and analysis; and conduct supplier performance and relationship management.
- Acquire and manage procurements; provide appropriate materials, supplies and services for day-to-day requirements, as well as, emergent work, overhauls, projects; and focus on the strategic procurement while conducting complex negotiations under aggressive time demands.
- Executes contracts in accordance with all company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant work experience required in IT strategic sourcing with responsibilities for large, complex negotiations with vendors and a proven record of achieving bottom-line savings for year-over-year sustainable cost reduction. Has experience with driving value through understanding market dynamics along with a working knowledge of category management principles. Has outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Has experience with mentoring of junior sourcing specialists and is seen as a leader within the team/organization.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!