Joint Interest Accounting Manager
Houston, TX 77069 US
- Lead a team of 6 in charge of cost allocations, bill decks, AFE review, inventory reconciliations, AR, and Joint Interest Billings.
- Ensure compliance with Joint Operating Agreements and accounting standards.
- Coordinate with stakeholders for timely cost reporting. Troubleshoot and validate cost allocation activities. Oversee billing deck setup and maintenance.
- Review accounts receivable balances. Supervise month-end close and JIB creation.
- Track oil and gas inventory.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Conduct joint interest audits. Collaborate with internal departments for process improvements. Support acquisition and divestiture activities.
- Requires strong knowledge of COPAS accounting procedures and Joint Operating Agreements.
- APA accreditation is a plus.
- Must have 4-year degree in Accounting/Finance with 10+ years of joint interest accounting experience, or 15+ years of equivalent experience with a high school diploma.
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience. 8+ years' experience with Excalibur or similar accounting software.