In House Litigation Paralegal
Houston, TX 77056 US
Consulting firm is a looking for Senior Litigation Paralegal to take control of their litigation practice group. The person in this role is retiring. This person must have significant litigation experience and the personality to lead a team. The firm pays 100% of the employee's medical, dental and vision insurance. They also offer a 401(k) plan.
• Work hand-in-hand with a team of attorneys and paralegals to manage and prepare cases for trial
• Draft various pleadings, motions, stipulations and discovery
• Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
• Conduct e-discovery
• Participate in client interviews, witness preparation and other trial preparations
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and draft legal memorandum for use in briefing
• Draft formal written responses to state and Federal taxing authorities
• Demonstrate strong advocacy skills and aptitude for learning new concepts and procedures
• Four-year college degree is preferred
• Paralegal certificate is preferred
• Excellent written skills required
• Strong client service, organization and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and prioritize tasks
• Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Occasional travel may be required
Meet The Recruiter
Senior Legal Recruiter
I began my career as a litigation paralegal and attended law school for one year. I realized that was not the career path I wanted to take, so I started working as a legal recruiter and have been loving it for the last twenty years!
I love working at Burnett Specialists and truly enjoy the relationships I have formed with my candidates, clients, and co-workers.