In House Attorney
Houston, TX 77056 US
As a Quality Control Attorney, you have the opportunity to use your legal knowledge in a non-traditional way! You will work with other highly motivated individuals in a team environment that varies on a daily basis, including routine interactions with technical professionals such as engineers, scientists, accountants, MBAs, and PhDs. You will also have the opportunity to travel across the United States visiting and educating clients about the R&D Tax Credit. There is no extensive knowledge of tax required – we have a thorough training program! Lots of room for growth and promotion!
Will consider candidates with an active license to practice in ANY state.
Will look at candidates with any type of legal background.
· Identify, analyze, and quantify research and development tax credit benefits for American businesses
· Draft phased reports and legal memoranda highlighting each client’s unique activities while utilizing your legal prowess
· Collaborate with other members of the consulting team while serving as the legal expert
· Lead and develop a customized study process tailored to each client’s needs
· Ability to own and actively manage your docket across a variety of industries including but not limited to software, apparel, construction, engineering, and food and beverage.
· Become and act as a Subject Matter Expert on tax specialty issues
· Ability to travel throughout the United States to interact with clients
· Directly impact and interact with clients, including high level executives, by serving as their legal consultant
· Opportunity to invest in yourself, others, and the firm.
· Immediately impact an ever evolving firm where new ideas are encouraged, hard work is valued, and there are no limits on what you can accomplish!
· Required: JD or equivalent, and active license to practice law in any state
· 1+ years of experience required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· High sense of urgency with the ability to meet deadlines
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products is required
· Available to travel 20-30% within the US
· Ability to analyze legal documents
Meet The Recruiter
Senior Legal Recruiter
I began my career as a litigation paralegal and attended law school for one year. I realized that was not the career path I wanted to take, so I started working as a legal recruiter and have been loving it for the last twenty years!
I love working at Burnett Specialists and truly enjoy the relationships I have formed with my candidates, clients, and co-workers.