HR Administrative Assistant
Houston, TX 77056 US
A growing law firm in the Galleria is looking to hire an HR Admin Assistant who is open to learning and growing with the firm! A great opportunity for a candidate with exposure to some HR, especially in another legal setting, to use their skills at a larger firm. Great firm culture, location and job opportunity for professional development.
$42k- $50k depending on experience
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to HR management.
- Maintain employee records and files, ensuring accuracy and compliance with HR regulations.
- Assist in the recruitment process by posting job openings, reviewing resumes, and coordinating interviews.
- Assist in new employee onboarding, including preparing paperwork.
- May assist with payroll functions including answering employee questions and correcting timeclock and processing errors.
- Manage TLO, Pacer, FedEx, Worldox, LexisNexis, Texas SOS, and Texas eFile users.
- Assist HR Manager with planning and execution of special events such as benefit open-enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Assist Accounting with preparing and mailing account statements.
- Assist with special projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Provide general administrative support such as managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and handling phone calls.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, and other documents.
- Facilitates maintenance of office and equipment including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
- Maintain kitchen supplies, ordering new supplies as needed.
- Ensure the office environment is clean, organized, and welcoming.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education in HR or administration is a plus.
- 1-2 years of office administration experience, with a preference for HR-related experience.
- Ability to recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain such information as confidential.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic understanding of HR principles and regulations is a plus.
- A proactive and positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
Meet The Recruiter
Brittany Grumbles, MS
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
I'm a passionate recruiter who loves finding the best talent for a variety of industries.
I specialize in recruiting top-notch individuals for important roles in Legal, HR, Marketing, Administrative, and Education fields. I find joy in the challenge of identifying and attracting the best candidates to help businesses succeed.