General Counsel- Midstream
Houston, TX 77002 US
In office – Downtown
Report to President
Need experience in Midstream Oil/ Gas
We are seeking a General Counsel to join our team in Houston. This role will primarily focus on providing legal support to the business activities of the midstream and commercial segments of the company. This position will report directly to the President.
The General Counsel position provides Management and leadership support with the following roles:
1. Provide legal support for both company and third-party operated midstream activities in the Delaware Basin in New Mexico and Texas.
2. Manage all legal aspects of transactions, including on legal risk, coordinating legal due diligence, collaborating with functions across the enterprise, managing outside counsel, and drafting and negotiating deal documentation.
3. Negotiate, draft, redline, analyze, and interpret various agreements related to business activity such as gathering, processing, treating, transportation, pipeline connection, trading, marketing, financial/banking covenants, surface use, rights-of-way contracts, MSA’s, construction and vendor agreements.
4. Ability to work with senior commercial managers.
5. Writes, reviews, and edits reports, opinions, correspondence, and other documents regarding legal issues and the company.
6. Lead point of contact with governing regulatory agencies and review/interpret how regulations and laws affect the company.
7. Anticipates and provides information and advice to guard against legal risks faced by the company.
8. Supports company vision and mission.
9. Other duties as assigned by management.
- JD Degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school.
- State bar membership in good standing.
- A minimum of four to ten years of relevant legal experience with a law firm and/or as in-house counsel. Oil and gas experience is required.
- Strong technical knowledge of Midstream business activity, the legal issues typically encountered and the agreements that govern relationships between relevant parties.
- Strong analytical, research, writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Aptitude for creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to consistently exercise superior legal judgment and commercial acumen.
1. General Counsel will office in the Houston, TX corporate location.
Meet The Recruiter
Brittany Grumbles, MS
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
I'm a passionate recruiter who loves finding the best talent for a variety of industries.
I specialize in recruiting top-notch individuals for important roles in Legal, HR, Marketing, Administrative, and Education fields. I find joy in the challenge of identifying and attracting the best candidates to help businesses succeed.