Pasadena, TX 77503 US
Formulator needed in Pasadena
Temp to Hire Rotating Shift
- Knowledge of equipment design and processes for proper operations of tanks, boilers, hot rooms, bead mills, meters, ventilation systems, and mixers / blenders
- Knowledge of mix time, pump speeds, temperatures and sampling to ensuring defect free quality product.
- Knowledge of general start-up and shut down practices / needs for ensuring that all products being produced, and ingredients used conform to all manufacturing instructions and safety procedures.
- Understanding of basic quality assurance / control including quality (e.g. ISO) documents and manufacturing procedures to achieve high quality products.
- Conform to all safety and regulatory procedures (refer to IH-4 of the Occupational Health & safety manual)
- Practice/enforce a clean and safe work area to prevent product/equipment contamination and/or injury.
- Accurate/legible reporting and documentation on all batch sheets and associated records related to formulation activities, waste and returned raw materials.
- Knowledge of raw materials / active ingredients and the use, purpose, and safety requirements of each material.
- Achieve consistency in the everyday process of line assignments, data collection, process efficiencies, QHSE oversight, and employee development while ensuring maximum throughput and production schedule attainment.
- Ensure a safe, reliable, and cost-effective operation of the site.
- Ensure products are produced to specification and meet customer needs and regulatory requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Education or GED
Work Experience/Technical Skills:
- 2 years production formulations experience
- Forklift certified
- Specific HSE training preferred (eg Haz-Mat, First Responder, NFPA etc.)
- Basic understanding of regulatory environment including OSHA, EPA, DOT
- Demonstrate ability to execute complex assignments and develop solutions to problems.
- Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence.
- Must be able to work seasonal day/night shift.
- Computer skills including ERP and Microsoft Office products
Meet The Recruiter
Operations Manager & Staffing Specialist
I have matched thousands of talented candidates with top companies for over 30 years!
I currently serve as the Operations Manager for the Southeast Houston Division of Burnett Specialists and am proud to be a part of such an established, well-respected company. I am also the proud mother of 3 and grandmother of 2!