Finance and Business System Analyst
Houston, TX 77002 US
Business Systems Analyst II
100% remote, must live in Texas, California, New York, Viriginia, or DC.
This role will be responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing data delivery systems and business intelligence systems, as well as, implementing and maintaining of financial applications and reporting tools, including creating and ensuring accuracy of standard and ad-hoc financial reports. The role will be responsible for providing configuration, customization, and support for data delivery systems and financial systems, including, but not limited to, general database maintenance and workflow automation. They will be an integral part of the Financial Services team in working toward achieving their organizational and strategic goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new financial reporting applications including reports, queries, and inquires.
- Develop and maintain databases and integrate data systems necessary for Financial Services projects and department functions
- Provide system maintenance and problem resolution for the financial system environment.
- Acts as a liaison between developers and users.
- Manage application upgrades and other system changes
- Provide support and oversee improvement initiatives, including, but not exclusive to, billing, eBilling, collections, cash applications, rate review, application rules, alerts and special fee arrangements, as well as, system integrations related to these functions.
- Identify and participate in the development of testing plans for introduction of new systems/technology, changes to existing systems/technology, and process automation, including integration of Aderant based “enhancement” modules.
- Provide technical support on workflows, field and screen changes, interfaces, and integration with 3rd party products.
- Three to five years’ experience as a system analyst
- Must have experience developing web application
- Must have Aderant experience
Business Intelligence & Reporting
- Drive discussions with business users to review reporting/analytical requirements and translate into reports and multi-dimensional models/cubes designed to solve complex queries/data requests.
- Enable self-service reporting capabilities.
- Responsible for ensuring best practices and technical standards are used in developing reports, analysis and other systems using appropriate business intelligence tools.
- Assists Director of Financial Services Operations, Chief Financial Officer, and other Firm leaders with special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/technology field and/or advanced technical training preferred.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing, relational databases, and dimensional modeling.
- Thorough knowledge of web-application programming utilizing a Microsoft development stack, as well as, other programming knowledge and other functional skills.
- Knowledge of various Business Intelligence reporting and analytical tools.
- Experience with SSMS, SSRS, ETL tools (Alteryx or SSIS), SAP Business Objects universes, and SAP Crystal Reports.
- Proficient with various software applications including MS-Access, MS-Excel, MS-Word.
- Knowledge of programming languages including: Visual C#, Visual Basic, Java/Java Script, Structured Query Language (SQL), and Multi-dimensional Expressions (MDX).
- Knowledge of ChromeRiver, ARC3, Tagetik, Aderant Design Studio, Aderant Classic and Framework applications is a distinct plus.
Meet The Recruiter
IT/Engineering Direct-Hire Recruiter
As a recruiter, I focus on sourcing talented individuals for a wide range of positions, from entry-level graduates to executives, emphasizing IT and engineering roles.
I have a particular passion for recruiting across all industries and am always eager to connect with individuals or companies who require hiring support or possess relevant skills in these fields. If this sounds like you, I would be thrilled to hear from you and discuss how we can work together.