Austin, TX 78704 US
A leading crypto investment platform and asset management company focused exclusively on crypto assets and infrastructure companies is seeking a Finance Manager. This role will be joining the ﬁnance team as a hybrid of trade and portfolio operations mixed with fund accounting and management company ﬁnance. Since they invest in cryptocurrencies, the Finance Manager is responsible for the trade process, vesting schedules and portfolio operations of various cryptocurrencies within exchanges, wallets and custodians.
Job duties and responsibilities:
● Fund ﬁnancial operations: manage execution of crypto trade operations, portfolio operations, vesting schedules, valuation. Review of purchase agreements, SAFTs, TPAs, and SAFEs for valuation and reporting.
● Drive the monthly ﬁnancial reporting and quarter-end closing for several investment entities
● Collaborate with the ﬁnance team to create valuation memos monthly + quarterly
● Monitor the ﬁrm’s weekly liquidity management and capital requirements, providing the investment team with ﬁnancial information they need to evaluate trade strategies
● Work with the ﬁnance team to coordinate audit related inputs
● Lead the production of ﬁnancial information required for RIA ﬁlings requirements
● Work alongside the Director of Finance to produce a monthly ﬁnancial executive summary report for the Leadership team, summarizing the end of month net assets, revenue and capital ﬂows.
● Manage cash ﬂow, bill pay, budgets and projections
● Update ﬁnancial models and provide ad-hoc ﬁnancial analysis
● Ensuring ﬁnancial reporting is in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
● Proactively identify control gaps and build processes and controls around them.
● Partner cross-functionally on major new projects/fund vehicles/initiatives for smooth launches
● Manage engagements with accounting, legal and tax partners across our international structure to ensure compliance and tax returns are submitted in a timely manner.
● 6+ years of experience in alternative investment management industry (Hedge Fund, Private Equity, venture capital, investment banking or relevant industry)
● Familiarity with cryptocurrencies is required
● Bachelor's degree in accounting
● CPA preferred
● Previous audit and/or fund administration experience is a bonus
● Understanding of GAAP rules and regulations
Meet The Recruiter
Direct-Hire Recruiting Manager
Burnett Specialists is consistently ranked as the number one recruiting firm in Austin by the Austin Business Journal year after year!
I've helped thousands of talented candidates with experience ranging from entry-level to c-level over the course of my professional recruiting career. My mission is to establish long-lasting relationships between newly hired employees and their employers by matching exciting job opportunities with the right candidates!