Estimator - Industrial General Contracting Background Needed
The Woodlands, TX 77380 US
- Work collaboratively with project team members.
- Identify potential subcontractors and suppliers to provide pricing for budget or for construction.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships and communication with Construction Manager, project team, consultants/architect/engineers, subcontractors, adjacent community, trade unions, governmental agencies.
- Review all project documents, for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop bid scope for trade packages and vet subcontractors to ensure compliance with bid scopes.
- Responsible to assure the use of corporate practices, standards, and systems to support the preconstruction, construction, and business developments efforts of the company.
- When required, assist with procurement of Subcontractor bonds.
- Preparation of conceptual, detailed and control estimates for different types of projects and under different contracting/bidding arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and provide support in the preparation of proposals for diverse clients, projects, and contracting/bidding arrangements.
- Participate in team meetings, provide input on proposals and budget reviews.
- Studying documentation, meeting with clients, and inspecting the construction site to fully understand what work is required.
- Obtaining multiple quotes for bid packages and then selecting the most suitable offers.
- Degree in engineering, construction management, finance or similar.
- Demonstrable experience in estimating industrial, process, pipeline-facilities, manufacturing, and commercial projects.
- Ability to provide budget ROMs and estimates from conceptual sketches.
- Ability to use an on screen take off.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects based on bid dates and complexity.
- Ability to negotiating with subcontractors to secure better prices
- Knowledge of relevant technical and non-technical documents.
- Dependable, conscientious, and well-spoken.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!