Electrical Project Manager
New Orleans, TX 70119 US
Project Manager – Integration
Our Project Manager is responsible for building our brand through exceptional fulfillment of integrated electrical systems that continually exceed customer expectations and set the stage for repeat business. This leader has overall responsibility for communication with customers, vendors, project stakeholders and internal team members regarding all aspects of project execution. The Project Manager becomes initiated to our innovative, industry-leading solutions for a project in the pre-award phase and has principal responsibility for project success through its conclusion, which often includes commissioning. This leader will successfully utilize team resources, both internal and external to the company, to address the complications and challenges of execution for the technologically-advanced projects our customers trust to this highly responsive team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Required – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5+ experience in electrical equipment and integrated electrical integration projects.
Preferred – Master’s degree or 5+ years of work managing large, medium-voltage power distribution capital projects.
Required – 5+ years of direct project management experience with multiple stakeholders, exhibiting increasing responsibility. 3+ years of experience in electrical systems. Preferred certifications: PMP.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Behavior
Managing Project Success
- Manage the timely integration of numerous product lines, leading to successful inspection and shipment.
- Set and manage client and vendor expectations.
- Take initiative and ownership of tasks to efficiently progress projects without unnecessary effort, cost, communication or delays.
- Work with technical support team to identify, understand and deliver to customer specifications.
- Create and manage change orders and maintain updated reports as project needs and requirements change during its duration.
- Conduct and/or participate in internal and external project schedule reviews to ensure schedule requirements are being met.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope with an ability to recognize and publish potential issues before they become problematic.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Identify and minimize company exposure and risk on projects managed.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, published, and stored appropriately.
- Work with Sales and Senior Management to develop a communication strategy for difficult project issues.
- Ensure smooth transition with new stake holders at site when equipment ships, is installed and is commissioned.
- Create accurate costing sheets, cash flow summaries, and project summary reports that are easy to interpret and useful to management.
- Work directly with Accounting to continually improve procedures related to Purchase Orders, Order Acknowledgements, and invoicing for all aspects of projects.
- Work directly with the Project Execution Team to continually improve procedures related to project execution, setting customer expectation, and communication for all aspects of projects.
- Effective, continuous, actionable communication to both customers and suppliers throughout project life cycle that consistently evidences excellent skills of negotiation, communication and persuasion.
- Manage and execute internal and external order entry, project update and change order meetings.
- Exercise the ability to identify, adjust to, and elicit favorable responses from several different customer and vendor communications styles.
- Resolve and/or escalate internal and external issues in a timely fashion.
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and timely, with a customer-focused attitude.
- Assess and effectively communicate project costing issues both internally and externally.
- Communicate production schedules and effectively expedite project details to meet scheduled shipments in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Keep project control documents updated and filed properly.
- Identify resources needed to meet customer expectations and project demands and facilitate effective vendor communication toward that end.
- Facilitate internal and, when required, external project close-out meetings and required paperwork for both.
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and communicate accordingly.
- Identify business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project, customer, or stakeholder.
- Deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations and meetings.
- Effectively articulate product capabilities and vendor strengths and risks.
Meet The Recruiter
Senior IT/Engineering Recruiter
Since I joined the Burnett Specialists team in 2014, I've placed numerous candidates in various roles and gained a reputation for exceptional skills in identifying and recruiting top talent. Providing a positive experience for both candidates and clients is my top priority.
I'm passionate about recruiting and building long-lasting relationships with my clients. My attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, and ability to understand clients' needs have qualified me to become a trusted and respected IT and engineering recruiter.