Electrical Assembler - 2nd Shift
Houston, TX 77042 US
Location: SW Houston located near the Beltway and Richmond
Length: Direct Hire opportunity
Schedule: 2nd shift schedule working Monday through Friday from 3:30pm – midnight, with the potential of overtime/weekend work as needed
Pay Rate: OPEN, depending on experience and recent pay history
Summary of Position:
Performs assembly of electrical/electronic equipment, subassemblies, or components.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Performs bench-type processes to complete electrical/electronic assemblies and subassemblies, using hand tools and equipment such as soldering iron, wire-cutters, electronic and pneumatic tooling
- Fits together electrical/electronic parts according to specified sequence
- Verifies completed assembly against specification
- Works under direct supervision on duties and tasks that are repetitive, using written instructions and established procedures
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Applies basic and develops advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization
- Follows established methods and procedures, must be able to perform operations necessary to assemble electrical/electronic assemblies
Non-Essential Functions and Duties:
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to sure the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Use and be familiar with assembly and measuring tools, interpret visual aids
- Must demonstrate ability to solder using PB88 or HMP
- Minimum two (2) years of experience
- Ability to read and interpret training documents, safety rules, and procedural documents
- The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able sit for up to 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to adapt to frequent changes to work processes
Meet The Recruiter
Operations Manager & Staffing Specialist
21 years of Staffing & Recruiting Experience
What I love most about my job is being able to help others each and every day!
Favorite Quote: "The future depends on what you do today."
Hometown: Houston, TX