Credit Risk Analyst- Temp to Hire!
Houston, TX 77002 US
The Credit Risk Analyst will be involved in daily credit and customer monitoring activities, special projects as required, and communication with customers, accounting, customer service and marketing teams. The Credit Risk Analyst must communicate effectively in a cross-functional environment on matters relating to credit risk, in particular consumer/personal credit risk.
- Obtain all the required financial and legal documents from new dealer prospects to set them up as approved customers and assist prospects in providing these documents.
- Perform credit evaluations on prospective accounts by analyzing consumer credit reports to determine appropriate credit limits and pay terms for convenience store customers.
- Perform credit evaluations on existing customers to approve/decline credit limit increases/decreases, term extensions/reductions on existing accounts by utilizing customer/credit history and consumer credit reports.
- Determine whether collateral is necessary to reduce credit risk and negotiate collateral appropriate to the risk
- Maintain accurate and secure credit files for new and existing customers by ensuring all required documents are obtained from customers
Review and monitor accounts receivable to perform the following tasks:
- Initiate credit holds/releases daily for customers in default and over their approved credit limits.
- Determine collateral returns, refunds, account adjustments, and short payments
- Approve or decline draft changes by reviewing account history which may require performing account reconciliation.
- Negotiate payment plans with customers as necessary.
- Assist with escalated problem accounts by preparing the credit file with all pertinent information to refer to outside collections.
- Follow up, process and track accounts for legal action which may include calculation of damages on defaulted or terminated contracts.
- Research and provide data/information for miscellaneous reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related area required
- 2-5 years of financial experience, preferably within a Gasoline Supplier or Distributor environment
- Experience with consumer credit management required
- Must be able to understand basic accounting functions and principles
- SAP and Salesforce experience a plus
- Ability to think proactively, multi-task, and work independently with minimal supervision while paying strong attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written skills necessary
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Meet The Recruiter
Nicole Stoker, CPC
Sr. Staffing Manager
Nicole joined the Burnett Specialists team in 2011! Her specialty is matching talented job seekers with temporary/contract, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire roles in the areas of Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain.
Burnett, a Texas-based staffing and recruiting company, has been consistently ranked number 1 by the Houston Business Journal. Our extensive network of connections with hiring managers and candidates across all industries makes us an invaluable asset to your growth and success.