Baytown, TX 77520 US
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a procurement or procurement support role for a manufacturing facility, industrial distributor or an industrial contractor.
- Experience procuring materials and equipment, repair parts, and MRO items; such as gaskets, valves, fittings, electrical components, etc.
- Experience working with an RFQ process.
- Experience with expediting open purchase orders.
- Ability to source materials and equipment
- Experience in working with Accounts Payable to reconcile supplier invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- 2+ years’ experience with an MRP/ERP system
- Education: High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Vendor management and data entry experience
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!