Compensation Benefits Analyst
Houston, TX 77077 US
The Compensation & Benefits Analyst under the leadership of the Compensation Manager will administer and maintain company compensation and retirement benefit programs. Will complete moderate to complex data analysis to include but not limited to funding reconciliations, deferred compensation and 401k financial audit reconciliation. Will inform and guide employees on retirement benefits and independently resolve issues. Will lead assigned projects and work with vendors.
- Administers and assists in the set-up and implementation of retirement benefits including 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, and Executive Deferred Compensation plans.
- Works with vendors, auditors and internal partners to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures. Leads 401(k) plan testing, audits, and filings. Reviews and maintains plan documents and SPDs.
- Uses vendor and internal HRIS systems, Excel and database programs to administer the plans including vendor files, benefit funding and loans. Identifies and resolves errors (e.g. QNEC).
- Works effectively with vendors and internal teams including HRIS, payroll and benefits.
- Serves as project lead on assigned projects. Develops and implements project plans, manages project work, deadlines, and vendors.
- Creates or oversees preparation of communication and education plans and materials by vendors or staff. Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Completes moderate to complex data analysis utilizing Excel, HRIS, and vendor systems for selected areas.
- Compiles data to complete compensation and benefit surveys for benchmarking and company recognition.
- Responds to and resolves routine and complex questions/issues within the compensation and retirement benefits area from associates, management and vendors.
- Assists with the compensation salary administration process including job evaluations, compensation recommendations, conducting market data analysis, and compensation related projects.
- Continuously analyzes compensation and benefit processes and procedures in order to propose and develop ways to drive best practices and create efficiencies. Develops and maintains department process documentation.
- A Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university plus four years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in retirement benefits administration, legislation, and design.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to interact with associates, vendors, and all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong/intermediate skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Strong/intermediate skills in HRIS systems and vendor systems.
- Takes analytical approach to problem solving.
- Comfortable working in ever-changing environment.
Meet The Recruiter
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
Once I started my recruiting career, I knew I would never turn back. I treat my candidates and clients with the same respect, transparency, and compassion that I give to my loved ones. It can be easy to find a job but challenging to find the right fit, so my focus is listening to the wants and needs of those I work with to identify an excellent match for both parties.