Austin, TX 78701 US
We are recruiting a Chief Engineer for a leading Commercial Real Estate firm in Austin, Texas.
The Chief Engineer organizes, monitors, and supervises the maintenance and repair activities, associated with a high-rise Class-A Office Building. The Chief Engineer is charged with oversight of the fire and life safety systems, assisting Property Management staff in providing the highest level of customer service and satisfaction, and submitting mechanical and structural recommendations relative to tenant and owner issues.
- Responsible for assisting in establishing and implementing preventive maintenance program for the associated building systems, facilities, and equipment.
- Primary safety manager for the engineering department under their leadership. This includes identifying safety training needs, providing training as well as maintaining records. Must have a good understanding of OSHA compliance and other safety practices. Coordinate and record training for engineering staff, including safety, OSHA and on-line training modules.
- Manage and schedule engineering personnel to fulfill day-to-day maintenance activities, as well as special projects and emergency situations.
- Prepare the annual operations budget within specified operating parameters as well as periodic reports relating to prepared budget such as variance and forecasting reports.
- The Chief Engineer shall participate in the day-to-day financial management of the designated operating accounts assigned with specific attention to payroll and accounts payable.
- Assist in negotiating contracts for various building services, interacting with and supervising contract personnel as necessary.
- Coordinate on-site construction activities, attend construction meetings, review plans, and ensure Local, State and Federal code compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining supply, tool, and equipment inventory.
- Obtain competitive pricing for materials, goods, and services, and reviews invoices upon receipt to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise engineering staff and promote the safe and effective use of labor resources.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual engineering reports, relative to capital projects, major repair and maintenance, and utility data.
- Maintain blueprints, specifications, and maintenance manuals for the property.
- Assist Senior Property Manager with extensive owner reporting requirements.
- Research and recommend new technology for repair and/or capital replacement of obsolete building systems.
- Responsible for staying current in technology through training seminars, literature, continuing education and trade organizations.
- Assist Senior Property Manager with tenant relations.
- A high school diploma is required; Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing high rise Class A Commercial Office Property’s over 500,000 square feet.
- 5+ years in a leadership role required.
- Certified “Universal” refrigerant recovery HVAC technician.
- Professional designation is preferred in the field of study of your job duties.
- Must have the knowledge to perform the duties building engineers are required to do and may be called upon to perform on an as needed basis. This includes the ability to teach others these functions in a competent and professional manner.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Local and State building codes and regulations.
- Must possess ability to identify structural and mechanical issues, collect and extrapolate data, draw valid conclusions, and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Affiliated with BOMA with a preference to holding the SMT/SMA designations.
Meet The Recruiter
Direct-Hire Recruiting Manager
Burnett Specialists is consistently ranked as the number one recruiting firm in Austin by the Austin Business Journal year after year!
I've helped thousands of talented candidates with experience ranging from entry-level to c-level over the course of my professional recruiting career. My mission is to establish long-lasting relationships between newly hired employees and their employers by matching exciting job opportunities with the right candidates!