Houston, TX 77002 US
The role of the Billing Specialist involves assisting attorneys in preparing client invoices, ensuring timely and accurate processing in alignment with client agreements. This position entails addressing billing inquiries, investigating billing-related issues, and generating and distributing billing proformas, invoices, and related reports. The Billing Specialist serves as a billing advisor to attorneys and legal secretaries, ensuring proper financial recording in accordance with accounting standards. Collaboration with various accounting departments, including ebilling, Accounts Receivable, Cash Applications, Cost Recovery, Pricing, Client Arrangements, Accounts Payable, and Revenue Management, is essential to mitigate financial risk for the firm.
- Execute daily billing tasks to support partners, attorneys, and clients. These tasks encompass generating and revising proformas, creating timecard summaries, updating matter and Timekeeper rates, and producing client reports as requested by partners and attorneys.
- Ensure the punctuality, accuracy, and approval of monthly invoices. Proactively address client billing concerns and liaise with Billing partners and others to secure invoice approvals.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of client Outside Counsel Guidelines and fee terms and guarantee their proper implementation.
- Accurately and efficiently process electronic invoices and promptly resolve any rejections or reductions.
- Demonstrate professionalism and strong communication skills when interacting with partners, attorneys, legal secretaries, accounting personnel, vendors, and clients. Uphold the confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and effectively manage multiple tasks within a dynamic environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Understanding of general accounting principles related to Billing and Accounts Receivable.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Previous experience in a law firm, preferred.
- Exposure to various client billing agreements or their implementation, preferred.
- Familiarity with electronic billing processes and vendors, preferred.
- Experience with 3E and ebilling Hub, preferred.