Houston, TX 77036 US
Are you a detail-oriented and proactive professional with a passion for the intricacies of bankruptcy law? We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Bankruptcy Paralegal to become an integral part of our legal team. If you're ready to contribute your expertise in bankruptcy proceedings, organization, and legal support, we invite you to explore this exciting opportunity with us. Join us in providing comprehensive legal services to clients navigating complex financial challenges.
- Assist bankruptcy attorneys in obtaining a positive resolution for clients (confirmation, discharge, settlement, etc.)
- Coordinate with the intake & client relationship team members to ensure new clients are successfully onboarded
- Prioritize and rebalance tasks to prevent last minute work or filings.
- Seek opportunities to exceed client’s expectations
- Document activity and progress in Firm’s case management system
- Draft required bankruptcy petitions, motions, notices, etc.
- Electronically file in Federal Courts (and State as needed)
- Calendar all deadlines, hearings, etc., for assigned cases
- Gather, or delegate the gathering of, required client documents
- Log hours in Firm’s case management system
- Bachelor's Degree, or requisite experience
- Chapter 11 and/or Chapter 7 experience
- MUST have debtor experience
- Willing & able to work in office M-F 8:30-5:30
- History of a "can do" attitude instead of "not my job"
- Bilingual/Spanish helpful, not required