Dallas, TX 75201 US
The associate attorney provides legal work and will collaborate with other attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants on civil litigation matters. The job responsibilities may include, among others, managing a docket of litigation files, which may include drafting motions, pleadings, memoranda and briefs, propounding and responding to written discovery, conducting legal research, preparing for and attending depositions, hearings, trials, reporting to clients, and communicating with courts and opposing parties.
- Research and analyze legal sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, constitutions, and legal codes
- Manage all phases of discovery, including propounding and responding to written discovery, electronic document production, taking and defending depositions
- Prepare legal briefs, pleadings, appeals, contracts, and any other necessary legal documentation
- Formulate legal strategy and case management
- Appear in court for status, hearings, and trials
- Work closely with other attorneys and team members on legal matters
- Occasional work in the field as part of investigations
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports
- JD from an accredited law school
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in Texas
- 3 years of prior civil litigation experience
- Solid organization, communication and writing skills
- Experience tracking and entering billing preferred
- Previous work experience on civil litigation matters with emphasis on investigation and defense of tort claims preferred
Meet The Recruiter
Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter
Regan graduated from Texas Tech University in 2003 with her Bachelor’s in Marketing. She then went to graduate school at St. Thomas University, where she received her MBA. She started working for Burnett in June 2005 in Houston.
Regan was a Senior Account Executive for five years. In this role, she was the liaison between the client and each specialty division to ensure the highest quality customer service and proven results. In 2010, Regan moved into a direct-hire recruiter role. She has been successful in filling all different types of positions for clients across several industries. In 2013, her husband’s job transferred them to Dallas, and she is now a Sr. Direct-Hire Recruiter for Choice Specialists in Dallas, Texas. She enjoys what she does and is passionate about helping candidates and companies grow!