Accounting Manager - E&P
Houston, TX 77056 US
- Management of oil & gas revenue, royalty payments and royalty reporting, expenditures including joint interest billings (JIB), successful efforts property accounting, and related areas for multiple US onshore upstream and midstream assets
- Review complex revenue and expenditures entries, including accruals, for multiple assets
- Ensure proper and timely reporting to working interest and royalty interest partners, and governmental agencies
- Coordinate efforts and review deliverables for internal, external, and joint venture audits
- Oversee the performance of accounting close procedures
- Analyze operations accounting and financial statement metrics to identify variance drivers or anomalies
- Direct the integration of operations accounting data and processes for planned acquisitions
- Support the implementation and maintenance of accounting systems and software
- Ensure operations accounting efforts satisfy internal procedures & protocols and controls requirements
- Confirm property accounting entries including DD&A and ARO expense, and provide support for property impairment testing requirements per IFRS and US GAAP accounting guidance
- Perform other duties as necessary or as assigned
- Ability to data mine, develop system or Excel-based reporting, and innovatively find solutions for ad-hoc requests
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently in support of team objectives
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and reporting concepts
- Ability to lead cohesive teams, and to improve individual capabilities through mentorship and training
- Good data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Identify and implement process enhancements that improve effectiveness or create efficiencies
- Prepare and communicate effective presentations to various audiences
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (including Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive accounting experience at an E&P company or a “Big Four” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
- Experience in operational accounting or prior “Big Four” Accounting Manager experience required.
- Experience working in an ERP system (Quorum preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!