Houston, TX 77055 US
The Accounting Clerk will be assisting de Accounting Department with data entry, recording journal entries, analyzing data trends, handle lease contracts and payments, run bank reconciliations, and upload data to the General Ledger. The ideal candidate will be able to comprehend basic accounting concepts in accounts payable, fixed assets, accrual and cash basis, bank reconciliations, and balance sheet data.
- Transfer of account data to the General Ledger from payroll and bank activity.
- Coding of expenses and fixed assets.
- Review account data to prepare for month-end and year-end closing.
- Analyze and review transactions on Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare and post reclassifying journal entries.
- Record fuel sales and inventory.
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Higher education in accounting field with minimum 0-1 year of work experience.
- Basic understanding of accrual and cash basis accounting.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel Functions.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Detail oriented with organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility in completing projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Team player and adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluent (speak, read, write).