Houston, TX 77055 US
The accounting assistant will be assisting the Accounting Department with data entry, preparing reports for management, recording journal entries, and analyzing data trends in detail. The assistant is also responsible for supervising clerks, working as a team leader, and reviewing their work. The ideal candidate will be able to process and analyze complex accounting transactions, fixed assets, accrual and cash basis, bank reconciliations, intercompany, and balance sheet data. Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily accounting operations and bookkeeping by following accounting best practices.
- Ensure timely & accurate transfer of account data to General Ledger.
- Analyze & review accounting transactions to prepare for month-end & year-end closing.
- Assist & review individual account reconciliations, analysis, and coding.
- Prepare & post journal entries for single & intercompany financial structure.
- Review, analyze, & approve fixed assets for integration & depreciation.
- Review & explain account trend analysis periodically for all entities assigned.
- Prepare & review weekly bank reconciliations.
- Train, supervise, & provide support for accounting clerks when applicable.
- Responsible for reviewing & correcting the work of subordinates.
- Meeting deadlines & contributing to a timely accounting closing process.
- Manage the entity leases such as contracts, reconciliations, & monthly payments.
- Assist with audits, fact checks, and resolving financial discrepancies as a teamwork.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure accurate financial reporting
- College degree in accounting field with minimum 2-3 years of work experience.
- Thorough understanding of accrual and cash basis accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables.
- Proficiency with computers and accounting software, MS Business Central preferable.
- Ability to work long hours during closing and budget season or as business dictates.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Prepared to deal with ambiguity and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility in completing projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Team player and adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluent (speak, read, write).
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and practices