Accounting Assistant - Great Plains Dynamics Needed!
Houston, TX 77010 US
- Prepare bank account reconciliations.
- Perform periodic cash balances monitoring.
- Perform periodic monitoring of aging reports.
- Processing expense reports ensuring the proper approvals and systems integration for the resulting transactions.
- Processing vendor invoices including the gathering of proper approvals and systems integration for the resulting transactions.
- Conduct payment processing including wire transfer, ACH, foreign exchange transactions, checks and funds transfer to meet cash requirements as needed.
- Conduct assigned payment processing related to indirect and direct taxes as a part of the tax compliance process.
- Perform check and checkbooks handling including proper safeguard, remittances, and deposits.
- Perform review and analysis of transactions to ensure proper allocation of project costs such as base project, expansion project, or CCS project when processing invoices and expense reports.
- Perform intercompany billing activities including issuing invoices to group companies for service fees and recharged out-of-pocket expenses.
- Prepare and input general journal entries in the accounting system.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain prepaid expenses amortization schedules.
- Maintain fixed assets and right-of-use depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Identify and propose accruals to be posted to the general ledger.
- Review trial balances and prepare assigned basic financial statements as needed.
- Maintain accurate master data of customers, vendors, GL account in Great Plains for all legal entities, according to the applicable IT tickets.
- Maintain the files for the area in accordance with the document retention policies.
- Support management in tasks assigned related to the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Assist and support both internal and external audits as well as internal controls monitoring.
- Facilitate smooth communication and maintain a courteous level of interaction among the team members, developing a collaborative relationship with peers and supervisors within the back-office area as well as other external stakeholders and PIC’s in other departments or outside the company aiming to perform the tasks assigned correctly.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in accounts payable and receivable.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in bookkeeping, preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Dynamics Great Plains (2015, 2018 or later versions).
- Strong MS Office package skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, manage multiple deadlines, and change within a dynamic business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to conduct daily operations with direct supervision, completing given routine tasks accurately and thoroughly, asking for advice and direction when adding changes.
- Knowledge of SAP Concur is a plus.
- At a minimum, an intermediate accounting level of knowledge is highly desired.
- Minimum of AA or AS degree or equivalent in accounting is a plus.
Meet The Recruiter
Molly Gutierrez, CPC
Direct Hire Recruiting Manager
My recruiting specialty starts from the top down, allowing me to work with everyone from C-level Executives to Entry Level graduates within the Accounting, Finance, and Supply Chain arenas.
I’ve been with Burnett Specialists since 2012, and I love finding the right fit for both my clients and candidates!